Thursday, March 18, 2010
Twenty Things You Probably Don't Know About Drewey
1. Drewey is originally from Martha's Vineyard.
2. She belonged to a former landlord, and as a young lady, rode across the country with him in a pick-up truck. They stayed with us for a summer while he renovated our house in Seattle and eventually, she became our cat.
3. She was originally named Milo, then our landlord changed it the Drouet, then Drewey. Now, her full name is Little Drewey Junebug. Her nicknames: Drewski, Drewster, Rooster, Roost, Rooster Bean. I think we call her Rooster most of all.
4. She had a litter of kittens at a very young age, and wasn't a very good mother. (according to the landlord) Somewhere I have a photo of one of her kittens. If I can find it, I'll share it with you.
5. In her younger days, she was quite the mouser and birder and was constantly leaving her prizes on the doorstep.
6. When we lived in our old house in Seattle, she would climb up on the roof and plant her booty on the skylight. It was quite a view from below.
7. She disappeared once and returned a week later looking quite skinny. Lord only knows where she was.
8. She's an excellent communicator.
9. She's both stubborn and patient.
10. She's an excellent judge of character.
11. If she wants to wake you up, she'll walk across the alarm clock to turn on the music. If that doesn't work, she'll lick your eyelids.
12. She's happiest while napping in the sun on the deck.
13. As a young lady, her favorite toy was the cellophane from a cigarette pack. (our landlord was a smoker).
14. As an adult, her favorite toy is her "Ratnip Lovedoll" made by my friend Monika. She doesn't play with it much, but every once in awhile she'll take a roll with it and give it a few bunny kicks to it's belly.
15. She does not like the sound of (human) babies crying. Not even on TV.
16. She would never admit that she likes Charlene, but I believe a part of her does. I think Charlene keeps her young, or at the least, on her toes.
17. Drewey was my first cat. She TOTALLY converted me from "dog person" to "cat person".
18. She likes to lick salt off of tortilla chips.
19. She likes to lick the salt off of Craig (post soccer game).
20. She's not as grumpy as she looks. She really is a sweet, lovely girl who doesn't like getting her picture taken.