Sunday, March 15, 2009
Birthday Wishes for Butterbean
Today Charlene Butterbean turns three years old. We've got a big day planned. The kittens will be sprung from their room and allowed to roam freely about the main floor of our house. They will share a birthday "cake" with Charlene, and maybe even help her open her gifts. Weather permitting, we'll take her out for supervised stroll about the yard. Anything she desires, she will have.
In honor of this day, I thought I would share a few Charlene fun facts with all of you. Happy Birthday, Butterbean!!
25 things you may or may not know about Charlene Butterbean.
1. She was originally named "Amelia" by her foster moms, Kim and Sarah.
2. Craig and I went back and forth for a very long time before we decided on the name "Charlene". A gas station attendant named "Carlene" was the inspiration for her name.
3. One of the reasons she's named Charlene is because many words rhyme with Charlene, so it's easy to make up songs about her. Many of which, are sung to the tune "Jolene" , by Dolly Parton. For example "Charlene, Charlene, Charlene, Charleeeeeeen,, you are a kitten princess, but Drewey is the queen"
4. She had one brother, who looked just like her. Sadly, he didn't make it.
5. Charlene is a major talker. She always announces her arrival in a room. Often it sounds like she's saying "mama", but I might be imagining that.
6. Charlene has really floofy feet. It looks like there are miniature troll dolls stuck between her toes. She does not like her toe fluff touched.
7. Charlene needs a LOT of attention. If she doesn't feel she's getting enough, she will do naughty things.
8. Charlene isn't always nice. She's quite moody, in fact, and some of our friends fear her.
9. Charlene does like people, she just needs some time to get to know you.
10. Charlene is an excellent leaper and can jump seriously high. See for yourself by clicking here and here.
11. If Charlene wants to play, she'll roll over on her back and wait for you.
12. Charlene catches house flies between her two paws. (and then she eats them)
13. Charlene likes string cheese. It's fun and tasty.
14. Charlene really wants to be Drewey's friend. She also wants to chase Drewey, which is why they're not friends. They do get along well around dinner time, and often greet each other by bumping noses.
15. Charlene will wake you up in the morning, if she thinks you're sleeping too late. Often it will happen just moments before the alarm goes off.
16. Often, in the middle of the night, Charlene will start making biscuits on you while purring quite loudly. It never happens during the day.
17. Charlene also goes by: Butterbean, The Bean, Beanie, Double B, Butter Bee, Char Char, Charlie B, Charlemagne, Charlener, Charleenie, and Beautiful Girl.
18. Charlene thinks it's fun to go in the basement, but if you turn off the light, she'll run upstairs. I think she gets scared.
19. For a cat, Charlene doesn't sleep much. I think she doesn't sleep enough because she always needs to know what's going on. If she's sleeping, she could be missing out something big.
20. If you leave your water glass unattended, she will drink from it.
21. Charlene loves all kittens, but her favorite ones are the round, fluffy boys. Wendell was one of her favorites.
22. Charlene loves kitten food more than kittens.
23. Charlene is listed as a mail recipient at our house. I filled out the paperwork at the post office.
24. Charlene also has her own email address. She gets a few fan mail messages each week.
25. Charlene gives excellent hugs. There's nothing better than an armful of her floofiness.